Wonton Tacos


Wonton Tacos


One of my best friends told me (as we were sipping out coffee and strolling through the craft store; normal Midwest behavior, lol.) I needed to share with you guys my Wonton Taco recipe. I totally agree with her. I have been told they are even better than Applebee’s. I looked online everywhere to find a copycat recipe and I stumbled upon a decent recipe; however, I was disappointed with all of them. So I combined what I loved about the recipes and came up with my own. They are crunchy, easy to make, and completely fun to consume.

Prep Time: 35 Minutes.
Marinade: 30 minutes.
Cook Time Chicken: 15 minutes.
Cook Time Wonton: 15 minutes.
Serves around 8-10 people. (It all depends on how many wontons you want to fry and how much chicken you cook)

What You Need

  • 1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce.
  • 1 Tablespoon Teriyaki Sauce.
  • 1 Tablespoon Sesame Oil.
  • Salt and Pepper to taste.
  • 1 16oz -24 oz Stir-Fry Sauce.  
  • 1 bag of Coleslaw
  • 1 Jar of Kraft Simply Coleslaw Sauce (or any brand you like, I love the Simply Kraft. It is found in the produce department U.S.A Markets)
  • 2 Fresh Limes
  • Oil for frying wontons. (I normally use Canola oil)
  • 1 packet of Wonton Shells. (Produce department by vegan food U.S.A Markets)

Instructions

Prep chicken.

Diced chicken into cubes, set aside.

Mix in a plastic freezer bag, or medium size bowl soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, ½ the stir-fry sauce, salt and pepper. Stir or closed the bag and mix, once mixed add diced chicken to bag or bowl. 
Let marinade in refrigerator for 30 minutes.

While chicken is marinating, heat in a medium size skillet oil. I have had more luck with the oil warming on medium. It also keeps a consistence temperature. This way takes longer but it will keep the oil’s temp while frying. Once oil is hot enough (I judge it by using the corner of a wonton shell and seeing if it bubbles fast, if it does not bubble keep warming oil) place one wonton shell in the oil at a time and let it fry. 
Fry wonton’s flat.(this is faster, and easier; however, you can fry them like the picture show)

The shell will be done when it is a light golden brown. Remove from oil and let drain on paper towel, or draining rack. Cook up all wonton shells and set aside. (I cook up four wontons per person)

Take the chicken out and with a large skillet cook chicken on medium heat. Stir on occasions. Half way through cooking the chicken add the remaining stir-fry sauce and continue cooking.

This recipe you can either serve the chicken cold, or warm. Which every way you choose to serve the chicken is up to use, both taste amazing.

While chicken is either resting or chilling prep the coleslaw. For this recipe I love a fresh mixed coleslaw, I personally love crunchy coleslaw, if you prefer softer coleslaw prepare coleslaw after marinating chicken.

Slice the limes into wedges, and set aside.

Once everything is prepared how you prefer it to assemble, lay wonton down on a plate, add chicken, coleslaw, and top it off with lime juice. Serve and enjoy.  

Note: Serve Hot or Cold.



Comments

  1. Just made this tonight. So quick and so good. The kids loved it too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts