Crockpot Chicken Fajita Soup


Crockpot Chicken Fajita Soup



Shockingly the meteorologist predicted today’s weather accurately. It is cold and sleeting out, yuck! I am so happy I choose to make the Copycat Bob Evans Potato Soup for dinner tonight. Soup or anything warm is always on my top list of meals when the temperatures drop. I thought I would share another soup recipe with everyone today. I came across the Chicken Fajita Soup recipe from a friend who shared it with me. I gave it a try, and it is still on my list of favorite soups.  Easy, simple, healthy and crockpot friendly.

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hours
Serves: 4-5

What You Need

  • 1 Pound of boneless skinless chicken breast.
  • 2 10.75oz cans condensed cream of chicken soup.
  • 1 Cup Salsa.
  • 2 Cups Frozen Corn
  • 1 15oz Can of Black Beans (drained & rinsed)
  • 1 ½ Cups of Water
  • 1 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
  • ½ Teaspoon Dried Cilantro.
  • 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese.


Topping Options

  • Sour Cream.
  • Diced Tomatoes.
  • Green Onions.
  • Cilantro Fresh.
  • Lettuce.
  • Diced Avocado.
  • Tortilla Strips.
  • Black Olives.
  • Etc.


Instructions

Spray your crockpot with cooking spray. Add chicken to the bottom of the crockpot.

In a medium size mixing bowl, mix cream of chicken soup, salsa, corn, black beans, water, cumin and cilantro. Pour over chicken.

Cook on Low for 4-6 hours. Remove the chicken and shred it (use a fork, or a hand mixer on level 1 or low). Place chicken back in crockpot. Add shredded cheese, and continue to cook until cheese has melted about 15 minutes. Serve with favorite toppings.

Note: Serve Warm.

Comments

Popular Posts