Chicken Lemon Rice Soup


Chicken Lemon Rice Soup




I discovered lemon rice soup when I first started dating my husband. I am sad to admit, I was missing out!
I adore lemon rice soup. I added chicken to mine to give it a little more heart, but you can go without.  This is such an easy recipe. With just seven ingredients and a crock pot you have soup for days.
For original recipe click here

Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 3 Hours 20 Minutes
Crock pot Temp: High

What You Need

Boiled Chicken (cubes or shredded)
8 Cups of Chicken Broth.
¾ Cups Fresh Lemon Juice. (Two Lemons)
1 Cup of Long Grain Brown Rice, or White rice.
4 Egg Yolks.
Salt & Pepper to Taste.

Directions

Cook broth and rice in crock pot on high for 3 hours or until rice is fully cooked.

Whisk eggs yolks and lemon juice in separate bowl.

Mix one cup of broth from the crock pot and slowly add it to the bowl of egg yolks and lemon juice. Slowly add while stirring.

Add the ingredients from your bowl into your crock pot, stir well.

Cover and cook on low for approximately 20 minutes.

Add salt and pepper to taste.
.





Comments

Popular Posts